Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Throwing up...

sucks. Especially throwing up "vin de casa" (house wine). I think the wine I had last night must have been bad. Ugh.

Shout out to Emily Kronemeyer though, who sent me a package that was also stuffed with Target bags. If it weren't for those bags, I probably would have puked all over the dog fur rug in my room (you heard me right). Thanks!

Now my nose and the back of my throat just burn, which is disgusting too because you have to realize if your nose is burning, then obviously you threw up out of there too. Gross.

In other news, only 1 more week until I move to my permanent site!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dog fur rug? Is it from one dog or several dogs? Is it soft? Does it smell? Dont ever get it wet Michael! I am sure that would be very bad.

Traci said...

I've been following your blog and absolutely loving it.

Anyway I had an experience very similar to this when I was having house wine from a tiny market in Croatia. It was awful and burn going down but was even worse coming back up.

Anyway, I know we have been outta touch forever but I'm thinking of putting together a package for you! I have a bunch of old New Yorkers laying around (I know they don't have many pictures but you could catch up on your politics and literature) and also I can foward you some books I've already read in case you'd like them.

I'm trekking to San Francisco this weekend, I'll try to pick up some post cards for you and your class. Maybe a map?

Anyway I'm so enjoying reading about your adventures – keep it up. You and your work and spirit are amazing!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.