Monday, August 11, 2008

Some pictures from my training village...


Well, my last day in XXXXX (my training village) is rapidly approaching. Here are just a handful of some of the pictures I've taken since I've been here.
1) The first picture, please note the painting that hangs above my bed. My first day here, my host father pretty much said that any event that looked like this was welcome in my bed so long as it was with a village girl (Hmmm...)
2) My current reading list. Right now, I'm racing through The Poisonwood Bible - it's incredible! I finished Things Fall Apart last week. Very good book as well. Also, potentially planning some trips in the future.
3) The graveyard near my house.
4) A view from the hill. I live on top of this hill and have to climb down it every day for school, then back up to go home.
5) Some fields.
6) A gate that is pretty much torn down and useless, but I got a pretty shot out of it.
7) My 10th grade students and I.
8) The road to my house through the cornfields.
9) Me with some corn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE GIRL'S YELLOW DRESS!

Hope you are well.