Thursday, August 7, 2008

The End of Practice School

Asa ("ok, said with a sigh" in Romanian)... where to begin. Tomorrow is our last day of practice school and I will have finished a week and a half of teaching 7th grade and a week and a half of teaching 10th grade. It has been a lot of fun and I have enjoyed teaching so much. I am so happy to be back in the classroom; I seem to have forgotten how much I enjoyed it. The kids here are very well behaved, which is nice in terms of classroom management. However, teaching English is a whole other story - phew! Teaching a foreign language is massively different from teaching general subjects, but it is different a challenging and a good way. I am very excited about getting started with things once I get to my permanent placement.

Speaking of which, I will be headed to XXXXX (My permanent placement super disguised) on August 20th. We have reached the end of Pre-Service Training and I am shocked at how quickly it has all gone by. We will have a "Swearing-In" ceremony very soon and then I will no longer be a trainee, but a volunteer - huge upgrade, I know. :)

In other news, not much has happened other than practice school. Unfortunately my language progression has taken a hit now that I don't have all the time in the world to practice it, but that is okay because I know it will come with time.

It has been wonderful catching up with everyone in the States and I thank those of you have taken the time to send me letters (Emily A.) and those who have sent me packages (Mom and Emily K!) If there are more packages and letters coming to me, I will let you know when they arrive. I am truly grateful for everyone's generosity and it is great to see that so many of my friends are doing incredible things in the US as well. I miss you all very much! It seems that Moldova has made a bit more sentimental, but don't worry, I still don't really like hugs.

No comments: